Your role as Chief Commercial Officer is to ensure Sweepatic’s commercial success and growth. We measure this by achievement of sales targets, introduction and retention of customers and partners, and quality of customer relationships.
- Strategize and manage the sales initiatives, pipeline and targets, as key sales lead.
- Strategize and manage the marketing (and narrative/positioning) strategy.
- Build and manage the sales & marketing team.
- Be an active part of the management team from a commercial perspective, reporting to the CEO.
As Chief Commercial Officer, you will be responsible for direct and indirect sales and be involved in the chain from contact-to-contract as follows:
- Preparing, communicating and executing the company sales plan.
- Scaling and managing the sales team, sales process, sales funnel including the CRM to achieve commercial success:
- Generating leads through sales initiatives, account plans, etc.
- Qualifying opportunities (BANT)
- Preparing quotes and order forms
- Negotiating and closing
- Initiating customer success and admin
- Ensuring renewals
- Developing and maintaining relationships with existing and new customers and partners, and opinion leaders.
- Gathering, storing and distributing market/customer/competitor intelligence internally when applicable.
- Developing the marketing strategy and plan in close collaboration with product management.
- Realizing lead generation initiatives (inbound and outbound).
- Developing commercial actions and marcom (e.g. blogposts, brochures, website, presentations and (online) events) for impactful messaging.
- Selecting, driving and coordinating with marketing experts and agencies.
- Presenting at virtual webinars and physical conferences.
- Identifying, evaluating and coordinating partnerships and alliances.
- Customer success
- Contributing to the successful product adoption across our growing customers base.
- Following up on customer onboarding, contract initiation and renewal.
- Following up on and collecting invoices.
- Following up on customer satisfaction and success.
- Organizing the (weekly) sales meetings and reporting on sales pipeline, commercial activities and sales results.
- Following up the account leads (i.e. sales managers) in their respective markets.
- Giving input to establish the company budget.
- Key sales characteristics/capabilities:
- Strong sales track record and demonstrated ability to create traction and close deals in enterprise cybersecurity software solutions in Europe with end customers and partners.
- Affinity with cybersecurity and with attack surface management or capacity to gain affinity herewith.
- Proven experience with planning and managing sales team and sales pipelines including how to move from leads to contracts by identifying and managing the right decision makers and influencers.
- Existing relations in the market and ability to gain trusted relationships with partners and executives on the customer side, i.e. CIO, IT manager, CISO, IT security manager, in Benelux and DACH, and in other European regions.
- Key marketing characteristics/capabilities:
- Ability to manage and work with product management, marketing experts and agencies on marketing initiatives and the co-creation of a narrative/story to support sales and marketing in positioning the value proposition.
- Proven experience to (co-)develop marketing initiatives to support sales efforts and generate leads, and/or to manage a marketing expert.
- Ability to translate the narrative towards sales and marketing materials to get the message out into the market.
- Key management characteristics/capabilities:
- Combining seniority with the energetic and hands-on approach working in a start-up environment.
- Ability to bring the commercial function from the current, almost greenfield start-up level up to scale-up stage.
- Ability to be an active part of the management team and take part in operational and strategic decision making.
- Based in or willingness to relocate to Belgium.
- 10+ years or more relevant experience in selling enterprise cybersecurity software solutions to medium size and large enterprises via direct and indirect channels.
- Manager with proven experience in setting up, growing and managing a sales team including a marketing function.
- Ability to build out new accounts and sales from the ground up.
- Seasoned commercial judgement and broad network at CIO/CISO level in European region.
- Self-starter being proactive, can do and solution-oriented
- Team player, supportive to colleagues, customers and partners
- Builder, tenacious and results driven
- Structured, thoughtful, disciplined and responsible
- Strong people and communication skills
- Passion for cybersecurity
- Flexible, willingness to travel
- Fluent in Dutch and English and another European language
What you can expect from Sweepatic
- Opportunity to be part of the cockpit in a cybersecurity start-up backed up by international investors and with international ambitions
- Experienced and friendly colleagues
- A beautiful working spot in a green environment in Leuven (Belgium)
- A salary and benefits competitive in the market
- Eligible to the stock option plan
- A lot of autonomy and a flexible way of working